Terms & Conditions
Booking Terms and Conditions
Full payment is required to confirm all bookings.
1. Online course/hire and self launch bookings are paid in full at the time of booking.
2. Pre-booked launch and hire sessions are not refundable.
3. Any cancellations of pre-booked, launch or hire sessions must be via email at least 48 hours in advance of the session start time. Where possible we will transfer the session to a different slot. (subject to availability)
4. If you are unable to attend a course, please contact Bawsey Bay Watersports as soon as possible and we will endeavour to reschedule your booking to a mutually convenient time and date. Payment and course fees are transferable in most situations. Courses are valid for one year from the date of purchase.
5. Should we cancel all course, hire or self launch sessions due to weather conditions or any other reason, then we will rearrange the course at a mutually convenient time and date.
6. Should you fail to attend or cancel a course/session within 48hrs of the course start time you will not be entitled to a refund.
7. If minimum numbers for a course are not met, you will either be offered private tuition at the same cost but over a shorter period or alternative course dates.
8. Should circumstances/weather make teaching impossible/unsafe then mutually suitable dates will be arranged, refunds cannot be given in these circumstances.
9. Refunds are not available to customers who start courses and subsequently choose not to continue.
10. Customers are reminded that water sports participation involves an element of risk and all customers agree to partake in their chosen activity or activities at Bawsey Bay Watersports at their own risk.
11. Bawsey Bay Watersports is a busy site and there are potentially many hazards, natural and manmade, so please ensure any young people are closely supervised and kept away from equipment and storage facilities.
12. Customers should be in good health, confident in the water and fit for their chosen activities.
13. By signing up for a course, for hire, to self-launch your own equipment, you are confirming that you have read and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, exclusion clause and declaration.
14. Any person suspected to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs and deemed to be unfit will be refused permission to take part in any activity or use any equipment or craft on the lake and shall not be entitled to a refund.
15. All participants on the water must wear suitable buoyancy aids while afloat
16 You are required to notify Bawsey Bay Watersports of any medical conditions that may impede your participation in activities at the Lake. In particular, you should declare whether you suffer from EPILEPSY, ASTHMA, DIABETES, ANGINA or other HEART complaints as well as any contagious condition that may affect others such as Impetigo. If you or anyone associated with you is suffering from any of these or other conditions it does not necessarily restrict participation, but we may require further information before you are permitted to participate in activities at Bawsey Bay Watersports. It is also imperative that we are made aware of any severe allergies which may cause an anaphylactic reaction including food allergies, insect bites or stings, or allergy to medication etc.
17. Every precaution is taken to ensure the cleanliness of our hire wetsuits. Customers with known skin complaints which may be contagious are requested to contact Bawsey Bay Watersports in advance of their course.
18. Bawsey Bay Watersports takes no responsibility for damage to, or theft of, vehicles, personal equipment or valuables brought on site.
19. Use of the Lake for commercial activities or tuition is not permitted unless by prior arrangement with Bawsey Bay Watersports
20. Swimming is not allowed in any of the lakes at Bawsey Estate and Country Park.
21. Use of your own craft is only permitted through Bawsey Bay Watersports by paying and attending a self-launch session.
22. Everyone launching or hiring equipment must register before going on the water and abide by the rules of Bawsey Bay Watersports i.e. buoyancy aids
23. No unauthorised BBQ’s or open fires are allowed on site.
24. No unauthorised watersports or craft are allowed to use the lake.
25. At times, you may be asked to come off the water, for instance, during heavy storms, thunder and lightning. For your safety please make sure you comply swiftly with the directions of Bawsey Bay Watersports staff.
26. When driving along the track toward the Great Lake where Bawsey Bay Watersports is located, please drive responsibly and be considerate of other road users and pedestrians. Please park responsibly and considerately of other users.
27. Lake users are respectfully reminded that they share the Lake with other watersports users, course/tuition will be going ahead and should leave adequate space whenever possible.
28. All visitors to Bawsey Estate and Country Park are expected to take all their litter home with them.
29. Landing on the island is not permitted without specific permission or under the guidance of an instructor/guide
30. Any infringement of these terms and conditions may result in you being asked to leave the site without a refund,
Hire, Demo and Self Launch
31. Customers hiring or launching windsurf equipment, dinghy sailing boats or kayaks/paddleboards must be competent in the use of the equipment, and in the conditions, they are using it in.
32. Beginners can hire stand up paddleboards, sit on top kayaks and open canoes subject to weather conditions. All beginners going on the water must be water confident.
33. Beginners can launch their own stand up paddleboards, sit on top kayaks and open canoes/kayaks subject to weather conditions. All beginners must be capable of paddling the craft in the conditions of the day and must wear buoyancy aids.
34. Anyone using their own equipment must have adequate 3rd party insurance for themselves and anyone using their equipment.
35. Personal and 3rd party insurance against injury, loss or accident is the sole responsibility of the customer.
36. Bawsey bay Watersports reserves the right to recall anyone that is unable to demonstrate an adequate level of competence or participate in a safe and controlled manner.
37. Payment for own craft launch must be paid in full before going afloat.
38. Payment for hire (minimum 1 hour) must be paid at the start of the hire session. Craft returned later than the agreed period will be charged at the end of the session by the half hour.
39. Refunds will not be given for hire periods contracted but not completed.
40. The customer is responsible for the care of the hire equipment they are using, and any damage done to it during its use. Insurance against accidental damage is covered in the cost of hire however there is a £50 excess in the event of damage caused to hire and demo equipment.
41. Anyone using the lake without a Bawsey Bay Watersports staff member or without prior permission will be asked to exit the water.
By signing up, to a course, for hire, and launching your own equipment at Bawsey Bay Watersports you are agreeing that all the details you provide are relevant to your chosen activity or applicable to all activities being run by Bawsey Bay Watersports, and are valid for up to one year from the start date.
You declare that you are over 18 years old or that you are the legal guardian or parent of the person associated with this declaration and have given your consent for their participation in the chosen activity at Bawsey Bay Watersports.
In addition, you provide consent for basic first aid to be administered, if deemed necessary, by qualified Bawsey Bay Watersports staff as required, whilst on site. If there are any reasons why basic first aid cannot be administered, then you need to inform Bawsey Bay Watersports in advance.
Having provided us with your email address you have agreed to receive our emails keeping you informed of date changes, health and safety issues, changes to your user agreement, updates and changes to rules and regulations.
Bawsey Bay Watersports may take photos of adults attending courses or using the lake facilities. These may be used for the following purposes,
Marketing material including brochures, leaflets and posters.
Social Media marketing – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
Online and paper news articles and adverts.
Any photos used will not be accompanied by any names or other personal information.
If you would prefer for us not to take photographs of you, please notify Bawsey Bay Watersports. Should we use a photo of you that you do not wish to be used please contact us for removal.
The park is located on the B1145 between the Queen Elizabeth Hospital and Gayton.
Postcode for Sat Nav: PE32 1EP